“I don’t want to spend myself doing things that just make me better or make me money. I want to be passionate about things that give other people a chance.” – abh
Heart Meets Hustle
I believe that your purpose lies at the point where your greatest passion intersects with someone else’s greatest need. Heart Meets Hustle is site that exists to empower young professionals to experience a purposeful and profitable life. I believe that finding where your passion collides with profit is one of the most important thing you can do to ensure live a sustainable life above the mainstream noise & beyond the status quo.
My generation has been fed the Kool-aid of our fathers’ that says “Find a good career. Play by the rules. Get a pension. Retire in the suburbs.” But honestly, we think differently than those guys. We want to live with purpose and we want to make a difference. The problem is, some of us don’t know how.
I have the vision to see this community to be a resource center and meeting point for people of all backgrounds, vocations, and convictions who want to make a difference in the world they live in.
Along with the articles on the blog, i do virtual consulting and personal coaching with individuals (mostly 20-somethings) to help them figure out what their purpose is in a conversational and entertaining way.
I’m a 20-something hustler, and up-for-anything life enthusiast. I love to travel, meet new people, and hang out in diverse places. I find great pleasure in coffee, being outside, and competition. I’m just a normal guy.
In 2014, I finished my Master of International Business from the University of Florida. During my program, I also completed a 3-month graduate Finance course at ESADE Business School in Spain.
I currently live in Barcelona, Spain and work as the “Engagement Executioner” & Digital Content Manager for a software startup called Treeveo. I am passionate about Entrepreneurship, Leadership Development, and Community Empowerment.
10 fun facts
- My favorite cereal is Cap’n Crunch.
- I sing and play 3 instruments
- I went out of the U.S. on my first development trip when i was 12.
- I will eat/drink literally anything – except Coke and onions.
- Baseball is my favorite sport (yes, i’m one of those guys).
- I have a long bucket list that includes visiting every country in the world and playing a round of golf at Augusta National.
- My Favorite blog is The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau.
- If you ask me what my middle name is, you will get a random answer of either a) Bartholomew b) Barkevius c) Barabas. None of which are actually my middle name.
- I ALWAYS eat my cereal out of the same Atlanta Braves hat-bowl that i’ve had since i was 6.
- I wrote my very first blog article in 2014.